10. Each of your new team-mates walk on the court wearing things like; a) a plain white t-shirt or hockey sweater. b) thin kneepads, polyester shorts, and baseball cap turned backwards. b) knee-pads over their sweat pants. c) equipment from other sports such as elbow pads, batting gloves, and safety goggles. d) black dress socks inside their sneakers!
9. You ask your Captain if they run a 5-1 or a 6-2 and she looks puzzled and replies, "I'm five-six?!?"
8. You ask who does the setting and they tell you they all take turns.
7. They use the word "spike" to excess (as in; "I'm a good spiker," or "Nice spike," or "Spike it.").
6. You ask them if they’ve played in a competitive league before and they reply, “Yes, most of us played on the same intramural team in high school.”
5. You ask what position they each play and they scratch their heads and say, "We always rotate."
4. You ask if its time to warm up so they all stand in a small circle and volley one ball around.
3. You hand dig a line shot that could have torn your face off and your team-mates all clap and yell, "Nice dig!"
2. After your first serve your captain says, "Wooo, Kewl, looks like at least one of us is brave enough to serve overhand this season."
1. They can't understand why the referee DOESN’T stop play when someone breaks a nail, but they do look confused when the referee DOES stop the play because THEY touched the net.